Here's where we've been since the last time I blogged:
Pinewood Derby
Yes, N~ is in his pj's. Doesn't he look adorable? He wasn't very happy that his car didn't win, but he's also not a cub scout yet. He asks me about once a week how long it will be until he gets to go to cubs like his brother. He still has 2 more years. *sigh*
Happy Hollow
We spent a day together with my old friend M~ and his 3 girls. His wife was at a conference for the day so we took all 5 kids to Happy Hollow Zoo and Park and then she joined us for pizza that evening. While we were on one of the trains, a little girl tapped me on the shoulder and asked, "How many children do you HAVE??" I stifled a giggle and just smiled at her. "Five."
M~ and I have known each other since the 4th grade... talk about a long-time friend! We had a blast watching each other being parents and talking about how different life turned out from what we each had expected. M~ is a great friend. Sacramento isn't too far away, we should get together more often!
B~ saw the calendar at church to invite the elders over for dinner and asked why we never invite them. So I signed up and we had one of the best spaghetti dinners we've ever enjoyed together. The elders were fun and the boys loved having them in our home. One of the elders saw my copies of the Living Scriptures videos and got so nostolgic for his childhood that he seriously begged me to watch one. But it was getting late, so I signed up on the calendar again for a FHE and dinner night again next week. :) Here's N~ eating spaghetti with one of the missionary's badges on. (B~ took the picture with my phone, so it's a little blurry.)
Science Projects
N~: "Air-popped White Popcorn vs. Yellow Popcorn"
We had a blast inviting the cousins over to help determine which pops bigger. Of course we couldn't pop popcorn without tasting it... and what's popcorn without a movie? So we recorded our findings then ate the evidence while watching Shrek the 3rd! What fun!
You can't see it in this picture, but we actually glued the chewed gum to the poster board! It looked disgusting! This was also a lot of fun for the boys. I don't allow sugar gum in the house, so when they saw the package of Hubba Bubba on the counter they nearly hit the ceiling! In less than a week the entire package was gone. Poor deprived children!
So there you go... a month in a nut shell. And that's only a small part of what we do!
3 comments:
This is awesome! Thanks for all the pictures. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the science project about white vs. yellow popcorn! You said something about investigating that when we popped popcorn at Christmas time. That's fabulous.
It reminds me that I should take and post more pictures of our family fun times. Thanks again.
But what were the results of the science projects? I tried to click on your pictures to expand them, but nothing happened (they are too small to read the type).
As it turned out, white popcorn produces the most popped kernals, but yellow popcorn pops bigger. The participants were divided on their opinions over which tasted better. (I like white much better.)
Chewed gum DOES lose mass. And the more sugar it had (hubba bubba), the more mass it lost. We weren't too surprised to find that out.
Post a Comment