Thursday, April 23, 2009

Black Eye?

Yesterday was one of those crazy-busy days.
5:30 AM - alarm went off. I hit snooze.
6:04 AM - I realized it wasn't the snooze button I hit. And now I had about 30 minutes to get showered and dressed and drag two boys out of bed. Since it was Wednesday I had to think about breakfast, lunch, and dinner all in one fell swoop.
6:50 AM - Rushed boys to school, get to work slightly late
7:15 AM - settled down at my desk to catch up on past-due assignments. Happy to say I caught up. (Yay me!)
3:00 PM - left work
3:20 PM - met boys at grandma's house, made dinner, helped with homework.
4:50 PM - drove boys to gymnastics. Get call from colleague saying mutual friend just lost her dad. Offered to buy flowers and a card.
5:20 PM - dropped boys off. Rushed to the gym. Worked out... vigorously.
6:00 PM - stopped at Safeway to pick up flowers and card. Bawled while reading the stupid cards. (No really, they were pretty lame. Not sure why I was being such a baby about it.) Bought a Chicken Soup for the Soul book and read a funny passage. (Ahh.)
6:30 PM - Drove back to boys' gymnastics
7:00 PM - Picked up boys early from gym, had B~ change into cub uniform in the car, drove to the church.
7:45 PM - Picked up B~ early from cubs, drove to Palo Alto for meeting.
8:15 PM - Sat in meeting, ate cookies.
9:30 PM - Gave friend flowers and card, stood around and chatted, colleague made comment "your eyeliner is smudged".
10:00 PM - put sleepy boys in bed, look in mirror at non-existant eyeliner, said "huh", went to bed.

6:00 AM (today) - looked in mirror. Black eye.

Any thoughts??

2 comments:

The Accounting Man said...

Lack of sleep and lack of hydration can make our skin take on colors that are not counted as flattering. But I didn't notice your eye on Sunday so either it went away or your makeup skills are very good.

Otherwise, just tell people you are going for that "A Clockwork Orange" look and see what kind of response you get. ;)

Home to Energy said...

It actually was gone by Sunday. In fact by Saturday it looked almost normal again. But it sure looked bad for a couple of days. I had people asking me if I fell out of bed (impossible, since it happened during the day), if I got hit in the head by a child (wasn't in the classroom that day), have alergies (not that bad!), and even if I have a new boyfriend (um, yikes!).

Too bad I didn't think of "A Clockwork Orange" thing earlier. Would have enjoyed those reactions!