- cleaning toilets, tubs, showers
- mopping
- washing dishes by hand
- folding laundry
These are necessary evils in my opinion. I'll clean the fridge, take out the trash, pay the bills, scour the fish tank, and even change a kid's blow-out diaper first before these four chores!
Quirky things I do
- sit cross-legged in the passenger seat of a car
- chew sucky candy: Jolly Ranchers, Lollipops, Tootsie Pops... I don't suck - I BITE! :)
- read 3-4 books all at the same time.
- eat Cheerios with butter and salt warmed up in the microwave or sauted in a frying pan (and I do mean BUTTER, not spread)
- say my prayers kneeling under the covers
- record my gas milage, how many galons, the date, the station, and my current location every time I fill up my car
- Tremble. Always. But especially when I'm really cold, really hungry, really tired, or talking about something that makes me emotional.
- put my scriptures, my journal, and my phone right next to my bed every night (otherwise I have a hard time sleeping)
- sleep on the right side of the bed - even though I have a queen-size all to myself right now
Pet Pieves
- long toe nails (and men & kids with long fingernails)
- shoes and/or dirty socks dropped in the hallway or on the living room floor, or in the kitchen... anywhere but in the closest
- food on the carpet
- inconsiderate drivers!
- people who lie
- potty talk and casual usage of curse words
- a person looking over my shoulder when I'm at the computer, the piano, the kitchen table... just sit NEXT to me!
- chewing with your mouth open (yuck)
- spreading your purchases out on the belt at the store so I have to wait extra long to empty my shopping cart (it's petty, I know, but it really bugs)
Things I love
- Laughter - especially my kids'
- listening to General Conference and MOTAB
- spending all day at the temple
- clean humor and wit
- watching my kids at gymnastics competitions
- a good practice session on the piano
- a long, tender and passionate kiss
- writing in my journal
- watching chick flicks in my jammies and curled up under a thick blanket with a bowl of buttered popcorn in my lap
- a long cleansing hug
- kisses on my cheeks from my boys during church
- holding hands
- watching the sun rise or set over the ocean or in the mountains
- camping
- Disneyland!
- crashing ocean waves (watching and listening)
- holding a brand new baby
- the euphoria of a new relationship
- a good laugh
- hearing the words "you're beautiful"
- Sunday afternoon naps (darn that 1-4pm church schedule!)
- watching old home movies
- the smells of Thanksgiving and Christmas
- a long late-night chat with a good friend
- getting a phone call out of the blue from a good looking man
Favorite things to eat
- fresh strawberries and blueberries with or without whipped cream
- fresh raspberries right off the vine
- tangy rhubarb pie
- fettucini alfredo
- Reese's Peanut Butter cups (the mini-sized ones)
- peanut M & M's
- fresh sourdough bread with butter
- my mom's beef stroganoff over white rice
- veggie or ham & pineapple pizza
- fried potatoes in olive oil and fresh garlic
- home cooked Indian food
- Chinese sweet and sour chicken
- hot and sour soup
- split pea soup with or without ham
- Julie's pumpkin soup
- turkey and avacado sandwiches
1 comment:
You hate the casual usage of curse words? Now why the hell didn't you ever tell me about this? Oh well, you're still beautiful in my eyes. I'll have to give you a call out of the blue sometime soon. ;)
Post a Comment