Sunday, June 22, 2008

June 21st

My dad.

My "pop-belly", gentle dentist, cough-crying, hug me so tight I can't breathe, tell the same jokes a million times, daughter protecting, insightful, inspiring, God fearing, Sunday comics reading, Bugs Bunny cartoon loving, t.v. watching, Elvis look-a-like, piano playing, bass clef singing, sensitive, big handed, ballroom dancing, always giving when receiving is needed, quote stealing, always whistling dad.

Today I cleaned my room - because dad always quoted "cleanliness is next to Godliness".

Today I watched a movie - because dad loved the movies.

Today I read a book - because dad loved to read.

Today I ate ice cream - because dad loved ice cream.

Today I popped pop corn - because dad was the best popcorn popper that ever lived.

Today he's been gone for six years.

Today I missed my dad.

2 comments:

Bronwidge said...

I really hate to make this touching memory a funny thing, but I can't really help it. When you said you popped popcorn, because your dad was the best popcorn popper ever, I thought that it said:

Today I POOPED popcorn, because my dad was the best popcorn POOPER ever. Sorry. I really am. But right now I have the biggest smile ever on my fave and I hope you do too. I miss you and the boys!! Tell them I said hi.

Home to Energy said...

Okay, yes, I admit I am smiling! Thanks! We miss you too!