Monday, March 2, 2009

The Infamous "25 Things"

Yeah, so I caved. I've gotten tagged so many times on Facebook with this whole "25 Things You May Not Know About Me" stuff, that I finally decided to join the club. Here goes...

1. I have a strange attraction to the number 5. I'm the 5th in my family, I wear size 5 shoes, I'm 5 feet tall, my birthday both adds up to (the 23rd ... 2 + 3) and subtracts to (1972 ... 7-2) equal the number 5 --- there's more, I'm just too tired, and you're probably bored by now.

2. I whistle when I'm happy, blush at inappropriate times, and giggle when someone tells me a tragic story about themselves.

3. I started playing the flute when I was in the 4th grade and sometimes I still play -- but just in church.

4. I took piano lessons most of my life and never learned theory until I was in my mid-30's.

5. My 10-year-old knows more music theory than I do.

6. My 7-year-old pretends he sleep-walks and climbs into bed with me. I pretend I don't like it.

7. Someday I want to dance to "The Best Thing For You (Would Be Me)" by Nat King Cole and "Everything" by Michael Buble at my wedding.

8. I hate watching TV, but I'm inexplicably addicted to the old series "Charmed". (Thanks a lot, Rach.)

9. I once told my mom that my little brother climbed up the laddice on our back porch to get onto the roof. He got in trouble. But it was really me who did it. I still feel guilty for that.

10. I grew up thinking every family should go girl/boy/girl/boy/girl/boy/girl and couldn't understand what was wrong with everyone else's family!

11. My favorite thing to do on a weekend is curl up in my jammies and a blanket and devour a whole bowl of air-popped popcorn (with real butter and salt) in front of a chick flick.

12. My brothers and sisters and I found a recipe on the box of Cheerios when we were kids called "Hot Buttered O's". It's made by saute-ing a bowl of cheerios in butter on the stove. We ate it for breakfast as often as we could. I still eat them.

13. My first kiss was when I was 12 years old. I'm going to lock my kids up when they turn 12!

14. And since we're on the topic.... I want to end up with a guy who can make my brain go to mush when he kisses me. It's happened only once in my life. (Thank you "S" for showing me it was possible!)

15. When I'm alone I listen to musical theater soundtracks in my car and imagine I'm playing the lead role while I sing along.

16. I think Hugh Jackman should dedicate a song to me before I die.

17. I was a missionary for my church for 18 months when I was 21 years old. I got to meet thousands of people from hundreds of countries that I didn't even know existed. And it all happened on a small 10-acre plot of ground named "Temple Square" in Salt Lake City.

18. I've only been outside of the United States once in my life. I spent Thanksgiving weekend on a beach in a border town in Mexico when I lived in Tucson, AZ.

19. I have a passport. I hope to use it someday.

20. I'm a succor for compliments. Flattery will get you almost anywhere with me!

21. While on said beach in Mexico, in the middle of the night, I used a diaper so I wouldn't have to find a bush. I was 8 months pregnant with my second child. (Those little wonders sure can hold their own!)

22. I cry at least twice a week -- and usually it's not because I'm sad.

23. I secretly jumped for joy when my 10-year-old told me that he had a girlfriend.

24. I eat home-made oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough when the kids aren't looking.

25. I run a preschool and a school-age after school program. I tell everyone that I miss being a teacher, but really, I like being the boss better!

3 comments:

Ms. Julie said...

I'll bet I broke more slats off that lattice than anyone. And I don't remember getting in trouble. ;)

You beat me on the first kiss...mine wasn't until I was 13. So far, I've lived through being a parent of those ages. And they haven't been kissed...yet.

Home to Energy said...

Ha ha! I may have beat you in age, but you far surpass me in numbers!! (Dang it.) ;)

Anonymous said...

fun stuff! Peed in a diaper! Hilarious!