Sunday, August 24, 2008

On a Different Note...

I went to a staff development meeting last week. They invited a guy to come in and give a "pep talk" of sorts for all the teachers since this is the beginning of a new school year. He said some stuff that I've already heard a million times, including how to make goals. (Now you know why I'm suddenly on another goal-making kick.) Here's something else we did:


5 Things I Like Most About Myself and Why
  1. I'm a mom -- Because it's what I've always wanted to be.
  2. I'm divorced -- Because I was forced to learn how to be independent
  3. I'm short -- Because I can date both tall and short men ;)
  4. I'm passionate -- Because it aides my ability to empathize (and because it's fun)
  5. My religion -- Because it makes me happy and gives me peace in a troubled time

5 Things I Like Least About Myself and Why

  1. I'm divorced -- (I know, it's on both lists) Because it's lonely and difficult
  2. I'm short -- (again, both lists) Because it's often inconvenient
  3. I'm high-strung -- It's exhausting
  4. My facial moles and lip hair -- (call me vain) Because they're distracting from my beauty ;)
  5. I'm out of shape -- Because I'm often tired and weaker than I want to be

My Top Ten Priorities

(I actually surprised myself as I was writing these.)

  1. My children
  2. The Gospel of Jesus Christ
  3. My family
  4. My job
  5. My mental health
  6. My physical health
  7. Getting financially independent again
  8. Finding a mate
  9. Buying a house
  10. Getting published

1 comment:

The Accounting Man said...

Getting Published???

How many budding authors are in this family??

Any thought as to what kind of book you would write?