Monday, August 25, 2008

Day Two and Day Three

Last night I read the scriptures for a longer period of time. But I was still falling asleep. I didn't exercise because it was Sunday.

Today I took a lunch but didn't go walking. Darn it. First day of my new goal and already I've failed half way. I'll have to do better tomorrow. At my defense, it wasn't a typical day since school doesn't start until tomorrow and my staff and I had a BBQ together after our staff meeting before we got to work setting up the classrooms for tomorrow.

I did do something unusual today though. I left work a little early and cashed in on a gift certificate I've been hanging onto for about 18 months. I had a two-hour massage and it was so incredible! If I could afford it I'd buy one for every single member on my staff. If ever we've needed such a thing, it's right now.

I picked up my boys from the airport tonight. Uncle Dan gave us each a "Father's" blessing. Afterward B~ (my eldest) told me that he felt like crying during the blessings. I could tell he was touched by the Spirit. He told me he knew it was the Spirit that made him feel like crying. He's way beyond his age when it comes to the gospel. I hope his physical body has time to catch up one of these days! N~ was also very touched by the Spirit tonight. He sat very still during each blessing, and even though he commented that they were long, he still had a reverence about him that I've only rarely seen from him. I am so blessed to have these boys in my life!

Off to read the scriptures. (Already read to my boys, but I'm determined to keep my personal study habits going, even though it's nearly 10pm.)

Bye till tomorrow!

1 comment:

Ms. Julie said...

I had no idea you were so overwhelmed. That's what we get for talking so infrequently and believing that no news is good news.

Good for you for staying attached to your goals! I'm proud of you, and I think you and your boys are some of the most spiritually grounded people I know.

I'm glad you went and got a massage. You needed it. You deserved it.

Don't worry about the bad dreams. Sounds like your brain is doing its best to take out the garbage. See if you can do some meditation after your prayers at night, before you drop off to sleep. Just lay there and concentrate only on your breathing, nothing else. Breathe in for ten, out for ten...then try to increase it. Knowing your exhaustion levels, you'll likely konk out before you've done much, but what a relaxing way to go!

Hang in there, sis.