Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Not quite two months later...

I know, I didn't return to report.

BUT...
I'm happy to say that my reading habits were fantastic! And although I haven't yet cemented the "read on my own every night" part of studying the scriptures, I never miss a night reading with my kids. And they are chock full of questions that make me think! Tonight they decided together that I would have a "night off" and they took turns reading the entire chapter aloud to me. I laid back and draped my arms over my eyes while I listened. It was great. And B~ even looked at the footnotes to find out what "the seventy and seventh year of the reign of the judges" really means. He didn't even ask me how to find the answer! I am often very proud of (and surprised at) my children.

Now. The weight. Not good. Still gaining. Still not exercising. Still not taking a lunch break most days. Still not getting out much. My clothes are so tight I often wonder at the beginning of the day if I'll have to undo a button after I eat breakfast. I'd ask for help in this area, but no one can help me but me, I know that. I have no motiviation. I don't really feel like exercising. I am exhausted at the end of the day. And getting up earlier than 5:30 AM just isn't going to happen. So if there's no solution, then why bother complaining, you ask? BECAUSE THIS IS MY BLOG, DANG IT! AND I'LL COMPLAIN IF I FEEL LIKE IT! So there. And I don't want to hear any stupid comments about how "skinny people like you don't really know what it feels like to REALLY gain weight". Blah, blah, blah. Well, you're probably right. The fact is, I don't like the way I look. I don't like the way I feel. And my goals aren't working because I have no motivation.

Well, I'll have to figure that one out later.

Since ending on a sour note isn't my favorite thing to do, I'm going to proudly report that by the end of November 2008 I will officially be 100% out of debt. Hooray!! Hooray!! I guess all this crazy overtime I've been working is doing me a favor at least in one area of my life. :)

2 comments:

The Accounting Man said...

Here's some motivation (or at least food for thought as opposed to your waist): if you will exercise you won't feel as tired. Yes, it sounds odd, but the fact is that by exercising, even a little, you are less tired as opposed to more tired as a result. So while the boys are reading the BoM, run in place, pump your arms, and do some leg lifts for 10 minutes.

Or become fat, tired, crabby and die of a diabetes related heart attack. Your choice. :)

Home to Energy said...

Thanks bro. I actually am aware that exercising will increase my energy. It's just getting started I have a problem with. Out of most of the people I know, you'll probably understand best what it's like to work long hours and then come home completely exhausted night after night. Add to that homework, laundry, dishes, dinner, and getting kids to bed, and you'll understand why I'm having trouble putting on a workout dvd. Just the thought of getting into my workout pants makes me want to climb into bed and forget the world.
However, your suggestion of arm pumps and running in place doesn't sound so bad. I can do that. I think. Oh, and I tried leg lifts the other day... and woke up the next morning sore. Actually, I didn't mind so much. It was a good kind of sore. :)

Dying of a diabetes related heart attack? No thanks. But I don't plan on ALWAYS being this busy. I'm hoping one of these days my boys will be old enough to make their own dinner, do their homework without coersion, and put THEMSELVES to bed so I can go run around the block a couple times every night. That will be a fine day!