Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Does this make sense?

Just ranting a bit right now. Needing a sound-board...

Last year my ex-husband got a sizeable raise. We made a mutual agreement that we wouldn't deal with the paperwork and headache it takes to change child support payments, and he agreed to bring extra cash with him each month for the boys when he comes to visit them. Since December, when things started getting a bit strained between us, I haven't seen anything but the normal payments. My checking account has been really suffering these last couple of months. The boys' gymnastics competition season just began and it's pretty darn expensive! And that's on top of their monthly tuition! So last weekend I get this email from him asking me to help pay for one of the boys' plane tickets to Regional Championships (he and his mom will be flying out to meet them there -- I'm not going).

Um... HUH???!! So okay, I admit I should have asked him earlier about the lack of monitary support these last FOUR months, but seriously, talking about money with this man makes my stomach ache. In fact, talking about pretty much ANYTHING lately throws me into anxiety fits. So what do I do? I take 3 days to answer his stupid request. I say, "sure, I can help pay for one of the tickets, but I will have to pay you back if that's okay. I am running low on funds lately."

Does this make ANY sense to you? Either I need to get a backbone or someone needs to run him over with a mack truck. Because honestly, I'm tired of fighting this man. Period.

2 comments:

Steven Rosbach said...

Ok, not saying this is the case here... but I want to give you something to consider.

MAYBE his raise wasn't as sizable as you were led to believe.

Me and the ex recently went through a rough spell because she was under the impression that I was somehow filthy rich and was holding back on her. I have no idea where she got that weird impression, but suffice it so say, my financial status is about where it was when we divorced.

again... that might not be the case here, but if it COULD be the case, look into it.

Home to Energy said...

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately this is not the case. I actually know exactly what his raise was because he told me. Both a positive and a negative part about our divorce agreement: we have to tell eachother what we make each year.

But whatever. I was just spewing for a minute. I'm not even upset over it anymore. I am committed to doing anything it takes if it's in the best interest of my boys. And seeing their dad and grandma IS in their best interest. Money is the least of my problems. Heck, I still have a credit card. *cough* :)