Tuesday, April 29, 2008

REBATE

It's coming! The Accounting Man just told me that mine is in the first group of checks. YES! Government money to "boost" the economy. It's an interesting idea, and I hope that some of those getting their checks in the mail make it worth the effort and do what it was supposed to accomplish. For me, it's money in my pocket... no wait, it's money in American Express's pocket... I already "boosted" the economy by GOING INTO DEBT! Ahh, "debt-free-land" I am on my way. Thank you, stupid government. Ya gotta love America. :)

3 comments:

Ms. Julie said...

I'm planning to spend it all on my kids. They need new jeans, new shirts, new dresses, and momma needs a new pair of shoes! Let's hope it covers everything. So glad I signed up for direct deposit.

Although I can't help thinking a little about FDR. Let's hope no one pays us to throw our milk away.

The Accounting Man said...

DM, you show wisdom beyond your age (and given your age, or so you keep telling me, that is saying something). This country has a fiscal problem, but as I can't fix it, I'm going to use it as long as I can (which is exactly what everyone else is saying).

And for anyone listening, let me warn all -- now is NOT the time to go into debt for anything.

You've been warned. :)

Home to Energy said...

Guess what? June is nearly over and it's still not here. Stupid government.